IDAHO ELOPEMENT TIPS
Ok ya’ll here’s a little secret: I LOVE ELOPEMENTS!! They are a wedding day brewed down to the simple ingredients: two people in serious love. So as a Boise wedding photographer I wanted to provide you with a few Idaho Elopement Tips when it comes to planning your own elopement. With so many choices and sometimes the worry of where to start, I wanted to ease your stress with a few simple tips below.
- Location– We can all agree that if you are going to get eloped that location may just be the single most important decision (aside from amazing photography!) Spend some time on this, maybe it’s a location that is special to you as a couple or a bucket list hike you have always wanted to do. Just know, I’m down for anything! 🙂 Once you have found your location make sure to see if you need a permit or not. Need help picking a location?? I am here to help and LOVE being a part of the planning process. I want to make sure you are getting the most beautiful and stress-free elopement possible.
- Loding- Choosing a remote location in Idaho? Make sure accommodations are available depending on time of year, some lodging closes (ie gets snowed in!) I am mildly obsessed with finding the cutest Airbnbs, so please use this to your advantage!
- Planner- Two ways to go: DIY + have family and friends help create your Idaho Elopement. Hit the craft stores, farmers markets for seasonal flowers, and cute boho shops for awesome pieces to use in your wedding day. OR hire a planner that specializes in elopements like Emily Aitken Events! She can work with you through out the entire process of planning, day of set up and she has an absolutely incredible inventory of decor!
- Floral– My favorite Boise area florist is Rust + Thistle. She creates stunningly beautiful floral pieces for all occasions and budgets with a strong eco friendly undercurrent. Depending on the season she forages and creates bouquets that are unique, just like your elopement is!
- Photographer– The best part!! It’s your day, full of intimate, chill and all about your love moments. So make sure you find a photographer that can go with the flow and is just as excited as you are! My favorite part of elopements? The giant love bubble that is created!! My elopement day rate is $1700 for 4 hours of elopement coverage OR $1200 for 2 hours. If you are planning on traveling to a destination outside of Idaho, reach out!
- Ready to see a real elopement is SCOTLAND…YES, YES you are! Well click HERE to see a stripped down to the essence of two people in love, their promise to each other amid the chilly spring rain. We hiked to Old Man Storr followed by an intimate Idaho reception where they displayed their beautiful elopement memories & we ate a ton of tacos.